Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunny Spot Venice

As you all know, I am trying to hone my caribbean cooking skilllllzzzz.  One of my fav neighborhood joints is called Sunny Spot.  Roy Choi, the man behind the Kogi food truck phenomenon, has opened a restaurant that draws inspiration from the caribbean. The menu is pretty much perfect and yes, I intend to steal from it. The menu is full of dishes that make me feel like I'm on vacation including plantains, jerked goat, a pork chop marinated in red stripe, prawns in a perfect habanero sauce.....so yummy. The cocktails pair perfectly with the food and when I close my eyes, the flavors really conjure up that last trip I took to a tropical locale.  Heaven.

Here are some pics from a recent visit......and yes, that's my pal Jordan, who until his recent move to Oz was a bartender extraordinaire at Sunny Spot.




Squid with passion fruit

Fried pigs feet

Some of the tastiest prawns ever

Red Stripe Pork chop


goat that just melts in your mouth




Sunny Spot
822 Washington Blvd Venice, Ca 90292
www.sunnyspotvenice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment