Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What I've been making for dinner every night...

......because corn is so amazing right now, I can't stop making it.  I'm catering with it, I'm eating it on the cob at bbqs with old bay seasoning, I'm taking it off the cob......I'm making this....take the corn off the cob with a knif and cook it in a pan with some chicken stock. After about 8 minutes add a spoonful of creme fraiche (or sour cream) and some chopped chives.  Add a dash of cayenne for some heat.
 Get a pan really, really hot with some canola oil and a bit o butter.  season the halibut and place in the hot pan.  You want a sear on the fish.  After about 4 minutes, flip the fish.  After another couple minutes, the fish should be done.  If it's a thick cut, put the fillets in the oven for a couple minutes.

 To garnish with garlic chips, soak garlic clove in milk for 30 minutes. This takes out some of the bitterness of the garlic.  Using a mandoline, (one of my fav kitchen tools) slice the garlic on the thinnest setting. Fry in oil until crisp and sprinkle over the fish.

ORRRRRR  make a miso glaze with miso paste, brown sugar and soy sauce.  Brush on salmon fillets and cook skin side down until skin is crspy. Transfer to over until fish is opaque. 


Top with fresh grated horseradish and green onions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment