Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cooking on the East Coast....

While I was visiting the fam for the holidays, we did a ton of cooking....well, I did most of it ;)

Night 1 was a seafood feast. Mom-Mom made ridiculously good Maryland steamed shrimp, Mom made amazing jumbo lump crab cakes and I made the scallop dish from the previous post, mussels with leeks and tarragon and a yummy roasted pear salad.

Check it.

 For the mussels, rinse them well. Dump into a pot with a lid. Add white wine, chicken stock, a buncha taragon, and sauteed shallots, garlic and leeks. Steam until the shells open about 7-9 minutes.Make sure to season the broth with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle with parsley and serve in a bowl with grilled bread.  So easy. So good.
 My mom's crabcakes. No filler. Just lump crabmeat and spices. So good I almost moved home. Almost.
 My scallop dish from the previous post. However, I added the cream this time. Tis the season to add calories. Even my sister was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment