Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fresh Noodles in Chinatown, NYC

My recent trip to NYC I decided to go budget style.  No problem in New York, as it makes you hunt down some of the most amazing food finds.  One of my favorite meals was a place we happened to walk past in Chinatown down an alley.  I was craving a big bowl of noodles and there it was like a shining beacon.....a tiny, cash only restaurant with about 6 tables.  Ryan and I shared a bowl of beef hand pulled noodles for $5.50.  So gooood. The noodles had that al dente, chewiness that tells you they were made moments before they arrived at your table. We snuck a peek in the kitchen and watched the chef stretch the dough and make the noodles.  Craftsmanship, ya'll, seriously.

Love that there was a huge cup of cilantro on the table...added handfuls of that and spoonfuls of some sort of spicy sesame paste and was the happiest little tourist in Chinatown.




1 comment:

  1. you sexy bastard! I remember eating Thai food with you in NYC. It as about a 100 years ago, though. I love reading your blog. Gxx

    ReplyDelete