Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pasta Class at The New School of Cooking

Making pasta dough myself has always been a hit or miss process as I am self taught through reading books.  Wanting to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing, I wanted to take a class to get the dough right every time.  This class was super fun, informative and made the process pretty foolproof....and of course now I NEED the Kitchen Aid mixer pasta attachment. Hello family members and boyfriend!  Christmas is coming wink wink!

Here's what we made:

Leeks and shallots were sauteed and added to a cream sauce

ricotta, chard filling for ravioli

Fresh rolled out pasta sheets

Butternut squash filled and topped with rosemary brown butter sauce. Heaven. 

making raviloi


filled with mushrooms in a pancetta, pea cream sauce


filled with meat (pork and sirloin)
So fun to make. Even more fun to eat.

The New School of Cooking
Culver City, Ca
click here for website

No comments:

Post a Comment