Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'm running away with the circus.....

Ryan bought me the best birthday gift....Trapeze School!  Located on the Santa Monica Pier, Trapeze School NY offers classes to have you flying in no time.  In fact, after a quick 10 minute tutorial, you are climbing the ladder for your first flight!  The instructors were amazing, encouraging and really helpful. I was petrified.  Standing on top of that platform, you can see the ocean, the mountains....you are HIGH.  Then, they ask you to lean out?! Once I realized how secure you actually are, the fear went away...until I was asked to let go!  Feeling like I was moving super fast that high up gave me some hesitation BUT by the third time, I let go with no hesitation whatsoever ( sadly, only the first two attempts are filmed...and the second to last) . The feeling was total exhilaration.  Such a rush!  My skills improved  ( after the 5th try) and I was allowed to move on to the second move, the heel hold.  SWEEEEEEET!  Who knew I would be such a natural?! I was also able to attempt "the catch"  and made it on the first try (watch the vid) . Such an amazing feeling, going for that catch.  Ryan, the instructor, made it really easy.  I am actually really excited to do it again, it's so addictive.  In our two hour session,  we were able to go about 9 times.  Our session was full but if less people sign up, you get to go even more. (9 times was plenty as you start to get a bit sore by the end) They also have silks classes which I have been dying to try.  Watch out Cirque de Soleil, I'm coming!







No comments:

Post a Comment