Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Filming America's Best Bites!

One of my amazing friends, Natalie Forte has my dream job.  She is the host of a soon-to-debut tv show called America's Best Bites.  It debuts on the CW the end of this month, so be on the look out. I was lucky enough to be invited to film a segment with her in our Venice neighborhood.  We filmed at a local taco/rotisserie spot called Benny's. At Benny's, everything is made fresh (the tortillas are ahhmazing!), the meat hormone and antibiotic free, the chickens free range and the veggies organic!  Not to mention the fact that Benny the owner is a super nice guy :)

We tried the lobster tacos......duuuuuude, I was not expecting what I got.  The taco (in the freshly made tortilla, derrrrr) was bursting with chunks of lobster.  I'm talking knuckle sized chunks.  It was literally falling out of the taco. Not like those tacos where there is so much cabbage and pico de gallo garnish you find yourself wondering where the meat is hiding.  The best part  (in addition to the actual lobster) was that the meat was cooked perfectly.  Not rubbery and overcooked but tender and delicious.  We squeezed it with lime juice and chowed....I know I was supposed to talk on camera but I really just wanted to eat.  It was really, really yummy and I will go back for sure.  I'm so proud of Natalie and know she is gonna rock this show, I just wish I could eat with her in every city ;) Be sure to check out America's Best Bites when it debuts! Show starts Sunday Sept 25 on KTLA in Los Angeles at 1:30.

Here are some pics in the meantime.......








No comments:

Post a Comment