Monday, September 19, 2011

This Documentary convinced me to juice: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Joe Cross if fat. Joe Cross has a skin condition. Joe Cross takes many, many meds for several problems. Joe Cross is sick of it.




He figures if the body heals itself when you get a scrape, why shouldn't it be able to heal itself from disease?

He sets out on a diet to only eat micro-nutrients, basically vegetables and fruit.  He juices an amount of vegetables one could only hope to eat in several days into one glass.  These several glasses a day make up his diet.

Now, I'm not saying do a 60 day juice fast, but it got me thinking..... I  def do not consume enough vegetables.  My plate is never brown and white like most Americans, due to most only eating starch and meat.  My plate usually contains some fresh vegetables of the green, red or yellow color.  But I really enjoy my meat. AND my potatoes and my veg section is usually the smallest one on the plate.   I also tend to get colds pretty often.  My immune system isn't the greatest when it comes to the sniffles, a cough etc. So....I have decided to juice everyday this week.  I am going to cut out a meal and drink several glasses of kale, tomatoes, spinach, fruit, whatever!

This weekend I juiced an entire bag of spinach, a tomato, 1/2 a bag of carrots and some ginger. Not bad. Tastes pretty good actually.  And how long do you think it would take you to eat that many veggies?  A few days? A week?
Yesterday,  I juiced two huge bundles of kale, beets and 1/2  a bag o' carrots.  Today I also juiced 2 oranges, 1/2 a grapefruit, a banana ( i hate bananas on their own) half a lemon, some carrots and a bit of ginger.





Juicing is pretty fun and when you think of all the nutrients you are consuming, you know you are doing something great for your body.  WOOHOO!  Bring on the health!

Usually on weekend mornings the boyfriend and I will juice carrots, oranges, celery and whatever other fruit we have in the house.  Carrots make the juice sweet and work well particularly with greens.  Check out many juice recipes here from the documentary:  RECIPES

We also have a great juicer that we bought from Bed, Bath and Beyond. (Keep those 20% off coupons that come in the mail) It's made by Breville and actually the one used in the documentary.  You can also buy it on Amazon HERE

I won't give away the ending to the film but the results are pretty spectacular to say the least!  Check it out on Netflix.

And play around with your own fresh juice, you are doing your body good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment